Membership Benefits and Rewards
Leaders Credit Union members benefit because they are owners of the credit union.
It's easy to become a member of Leaders, and chances are you qualify already:
- Are you employed by one of our Select Employer Groups? (A list can be found on the online application)
- Do you work in the area of education, healthcare, or communications?
- Are you a family member of someone who qualifies for membership with Leaders?
- Do you live, work, worship, or attend school in: Madison, Chester, Dyer, Haywood, Lake, Lauderdale, or McNairy Counties in Tennessee, Crittenden County in Arkansas; or in certain parts of Carroll, Crockett, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Henderson, Henry, Shelby, Tipton, and Weakley Counties in Tennessee?
- Are you employed by a business in Obion County, TN, with less than 500 full-time employees?
- Are you a member of one of our Associational Groups: Leaders Education Foundation, Boys and Girls Club of West TN, or the Jackson Theater Guild?
If so, you qualify! If you have questions about qualifications, please call 731.664.1784 or email us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions About Membership
- What are the benefits of joining a credit union?
Credit union members receive many benefits including:
- Fewer fees than banks
- Lower loan rates than other financial institutions
- Potentially higher rates of return on savings accounts
- Personability with members
- Free financial education
- And more!
In addition, credit unions are cooperative, working with members to offer things like shared branches and a nationwide network of 85,000+ ATMs.
- Who can join Leaders Credit Union?
Anyone living, working, worshiping, or attending school in Madison, Chester, Dyer, Haywood, Lake, Lauderdale, or McNairy Counties in Tennessee, Crittenden County in Arkansas, and in certain parts of Carroll, Crockett, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Henderson, Henry, Shelby, Tipton, and Weakley Counties in Tennessee; employees working at one of our Select Employee Groups (SEGs); and employees or members of one of our Associational Groups are eligible for membership. Employees of businesses of less than 500 full-time employees in Obion county may also be eligible to join.
Please call us at 731.664.1784 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you work at one of the SEGs or if you work at or are a member of one of the Associations.
- How do I become a member?
- Why are credit union rates and fees lower than bank rates and fees?
Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations who operate for the benefit of their members. Any profits we earn are returned to members in the form of dividends and reduced rates and fees.
- Does Leaders Credit Union have a mobile app?
Yes! With our free mobile app, you can:
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Pay bills using your Leaders checking account
- Deposit checks
- Pay at merchants using Apple Pay®, Android Pay® or Samsung® Pay!
- Find nearest branches and ATMs